It is great to see so many provinces being proactive in regards to the 2019-20 season and not leaving things to chance
5 THINGS TO CONSIDER:
1. Know what you require for the season: If you have a half descent idea of what the season requires in regards to coaches, you can at least set a target of how many coaches you want on the books or putting their hands up for roles.
2. Promote – Advertise – Publicise: From Fb, websites, phone calls, or/and to shoulder tapping people about coaching opportunities/dates…Be sure you generate the energy and information so you reach your target coach numbers.
3. Clarity – Be sure all coaches understand the provincial ideals, values, timelines, position descriptions, pathway way processes, expectations, and support systems. This will help outline a clearer understanding from both sides. An example of a successful process that is being utilised by provinces is to have a coaching hui/meeting before coaching applications close. This allows for one message to all and the opportunity for coaches to ask any questions before they apply.
4. Calendar – A coaching calendar of all relevant events, key dates, and deadlines will be priceless for all coaches!
5. Utilise your ‘Selecting a Coach’ guideline resource if you don’t have a system or structure – All PCD have been given, if you would like another copy please email us